School Readiness Program: How Important is this to Your Child?February 17, 2017
For many children today, attending a well-planned, contemporary school readiness program can greatly enhance their transition from home life to a bright, successful start in early education. Especially when your child takes part in the local child care and kinder program of your choice, he or she will begin acquiring valuable social and learning skills as an infant, toddler or pre-K youngster. These early training opportunities can develop and strengthen children's abilities to acquire primary knowledge and learning skills that will ensure a smooth transition to the first grade of elementary school. This specialized early training will also support your little girl or boy along the path to a long, challenging and highly rewarding educational journey and on to a successful first job experience.
Key Domains of Early Childhood Development Strengthened by School Readiness
Quality training in a school readiness program in your community is focused on improving your child's foundation of knowledge, learning skills and behavior in the following subjects and areas:
- Literacy and Language. - Children learn to speak clearly and express their thoughts well. In turn, they gain the capacity to listen and respond appropriately to their classmates, teachers and child care staff. In learning sessions and through simple conversations, they acquire larger vocabularies and begin to write numbers and letters as they gain recognition of some written words.
- Science and Mathematics. - With training in identifying items by color, size and shape, toddlers progress to counting, reproducing patterns and later solving problems in math. In science, they gain simple understandings of cause and effect.
- Fine Arts. - Early training in drawing, coloring, painting, singing, rhythm, note exercises and group performing are a great asset to the creative development of youngsters in child care and pre-K programs.
- Social Skills. - Through group and one-to-one interactions, children in school readiness training learn to follow directions and rules taught by their teachers and child care staff. They gain the ability to take charge of their own emotions while considering the feelings of others. They also learn to complete each task they begin, often collaborating with their classmates.
- Motor Development. - As they interact with one another while playing games, dancing and engaging in simple exercise and sports activities, children gain and develop strong motor skills including muscular strength and control. They also gain good physical coordination and self-confidence to excel in physical activities.
Across Australia, the Australian Early Development Index (AEDI) is used to measure the early development of children. It helps to continuously assess the importance of school readiness programs, helping to promote the growth and success of this valuable method of training and socialization to benefit Australia's infants, toddlers and pre-K children. The excellent, experienced administrators, teachers and other staff at Canberra Avenue Child Care & Kinder can answer all your questions concerning their quality school readiness program. Contact them today for information about this valuable, inspiring early training for your child.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Importance of Basic Mathematics in Kindergarten Curriculum
- Benefits of Age Appropriate and Developmental Learning for Children
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Why Should Child Care Centres Focus On This?
- The Importance of Small Group Work and Project Participation in Day Care Centres
- School Readiness Program: How Important is this to Your Child?
- Benefits of Educational Games and Toys for Children in Child Care and Kindergarten
- The Importance of Teaching Socialization Skills and Values Education in Children
- Kindergarten Readiness: Benefits of Positive Discipline for Your Child